EcoPlum Business Gifts aims to disrupt the promotional products industry and reduce the amount of plastic and other waste produced by this industry.
Plastic Waste: A Global Problem
- Americans discard 33.6 million tons of plastic a year.
- An estimated 28 million tons go into our landfills.
- It takes plastic up to 1000 years to decompose.
- Only 6.5% of discarded plastic gets recycled.
- One hundred million tons of plastic debris float around in our oceans, kill birds and fish, and make its way into our food stream.
The Solution: Product Innovation
Entrepreneurs, artisans, and scientists are coming up with ingenious ways of making beautiful, durable, and useful products from recycled, upcycled, reclaimed, and previously used materials. New fabrics are made from recycled water bottles. Business card holders are crafted from reclaimed wood. Beautiful vases are remade from reclaimed liquor bottles.
The possibilities are endless to make new from old, to close the manufacturing loop, and to become a more sustainable circular economy where we reuse materials instead of creating waste. EcoPlum is at the forefront of this revolution with expertise sourcing the best sustainable products.